Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

No Shade, No Shame, I Love Large-Type Books!

Fred reads large type books.
Usually it happens like this – “Do you have large type books?” 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch that?” I’ll reply.

Do you have large-type books?

Do we have large type books? YES, YES WE DO!

And I’m here to encourage you to borrow, read, and embrace them. Often people are shy, reticent, or embarrassed to ask for a title in large print. Don’t be! Large type books are awesome.

Top five reasons to love large type:

1. They check out for 6 weeks, and, if no one is waiting for that particular title, you may renew them up to three times.

 2. Large type books make me feel nostalgic. The print reminds me of my first grade readers. I want to have milk and cookies while I read them.

 3. They travel well. Most are roughly the same size as their regular print counterpart. Most backpacks and purses can easily accommodate a large type book.

 4. You might be able to read that hot new title quicker. If there is a hold list for a popular title, many times a large type copy will be readily available.

 5. They are so readable! 18 point type is the common large type font size, and publishing standards also encourage adequate letter and word spacing.

 So next time you want to request large type books,say it loud and proud. "I'd like that in large type, please!"

 Carol R.

No comments:

Post a Comment