|Signing up for Summer Read & Learn is easy|
It's that time of year again, time to join MCPL's 2016 Summer Read & Learn Program!
Participating is easy. Children and parents can stop by Olney Library to sign up, or sign up from home.
|Even little ones can join|
- Babies to Preschool (Birth - age 5)
- Elementary School Aged Children (ages 6 - 12)
- Teens (ages 13 - 17)
- Adults (18+)
This year's expanded program for children and teens features 4 tracks:
- Move: learn about sports and sports figures, and participate in physical activities
- Explore: investigate new subjects such as science and nature
- Create: discover your inner artist through fun and creative projects
- Connect: find new ways to connect with friends and family, and volunteer to help others
This new program allows children and teens to combine reading and learning, and gives those with different learning styles the chance to read, learn, and share!
Here's how to get started:
|Picking up a badge book|
- Sign up at MCPL's online Summer Read & Learn webpage. Parents first enter their contact information, and then sign up each child. Teens (13 and up) can sign up themselves.
- Stop by Olney to pick up a Badge Booklet and free baseball ticket voucher.
- Start reading and learning! Children and teens need only complete 4 activities under each track to earn a badge. Record all activities at MCPL's Summer Read & Learn webpage.
- For each completed track, children and teens can collect a badge (for the Create track, they also receive a free book voucher). When all 4 tracks are finished, they earn a prize! For more details, go to the Summer Read & Learn webpage or ask at the Information Desk.
Olney will be hosting special summer programs featuring science, music, animals, and much more. Check out our Calendar of Events, or stop by to pick up a flyer.
|Olney Chapter of the Friends of the Library will be selling t-shirts before and after select programs. Supplies are limited.|
See you this summer!