Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Dr. Seuss-Alike" Contest Inspires Local Writers

The many imaginative entries we received for our Dr. Seuss-Alike contest in March made choosing just a few winners quite a challenge. We thank everyone for their terrific submissions and we hope that you will keep on writing and rhyming...because it is FUN!

Here are those entrants whom we thought best captured the master wordsmith's style:

Children:  Theodore Haris, Nathan Lee, and K.L. Plano-Faber.
Adults:  Joy Demas, Susan Plano-Faber, C. Thomas, and Scott Watson.

Winners received a coupon for the Friends of the Olney Library book sale. 

In the weeks to come, we will publish some of these Seuss-sational stories right here. 

Dr Seuss and Me by Theodore Haris (age 8)

I like to read, I like to write.
Dr. Seuss's books are dynamite.
I like to read them in the car. 
I like to read them near and far.

His name is Theo, just like me,
and that is great, as you can see.
I love the Lorax, Horton, and The Cat in the Hat.
They make me laugh, did you know that?

I've been reading them since I was one,
and trust me it's so much fun!

As you can see, Dr. Seuss is so much fun.
You can read in the rain, you can read in the sun!




No comments:

Post a Comment